I was once talking to my friends and guess what ,most of them didn’t know that waxing at home is painless and extremely hygienic . It is true that lot of us do try and don’t get a result like we get in a Salon because we don’t know the minute details we need to pay attention to .
I am not talking about the waxing kit with readymade strips here . I am here trying to tell you about waxing from the basics.
There are mainly four things you need to purchase to do a waxing at home :
1.Wax heater – This doesn’t cost you more than INR 400 i.e approx $6
2.Hot Wax– Now this can be either a Honey Wax or Resin one , the one with major component as honey is better for the skin and relatively painless . This wont cost you more than INR 100 or Approx $2
3. Waxing strips – Well always make sure you buy two sets of them, one in smaller siz and one bigger to use it on different areas.White Strips are always better than colored one as you can see if the hair is removed from the root and also can spot if there is any blood stains when removing.A set of strips would cost you not more than INR 100 or Approx $2
4.Spatula– Make sure you get one in plastic ,DO NOT get the metal spatula as they can burn your skin if they touch your skin when they are too hot .You can get this one in less than INR 50 or Approx less than 1$
Why Waxing at home is better ?
1.You know what you skin needs and you know the amount of pain you can tolerate. So, you are bound to be gentle with your skin.
2.Privacy is also a major issue, doing it yourself gives you that.
3.Hygiene is a genuine reason . Even with reputed parlours where you are ready to shed few 1000 bucks , you are bound to get infected by bacteria. Have you ever observed those red bumps you get post waxing , they occur because the bacteria enters the open pores and hence your skin reacts to it . Trust me it doesn’t come when you do it by yourself.
4.Cost is one of the major reasons why doing waxing at home is getting so popular. For lets say 6 months ( if you wax regularly) all you would be spending on waxing would not cross 500 bucks i.e approx $7
5. Time saving is all I can say for DIY waxing. Instead of appointments and waiting for your turn and then rushing back , waxing at home can be done anytime you want, I mean even when you are planning to leave the house in an hour
How to do it at home :
1. Take the tin or container of hot wax , take the amount you require in the spatula and put it in the Wax Heater.
2. Let the wax melt and apply it on the desired area.
3. Put the strips and pull the strips in the opposite direction .
4. Enjoy your smoothest skin 😀 <3
Some Tips to get good results :
1. Make sure the area is clean and oil free .
2. As soon as you have it clean, do apply a light coat of talcum powder or corn flour . DO NOT apply a lot , it would make removal hard. They generally help in removing excess oil on your skin.
3.DO NOT moisturize just before waxing and also DO NOT keep your legs too dry as it would tend to absorb the applied wax.
4.After every time you are done removing , keep ice water handy – Remember I said Ice water and NOT ice. Ice water can be applied by soaking them with dry cloth and lightly padding the waxed area.
5. If you have left a spot or so . Wait for few minutes or even hours before the next application.
6. Remember that your hair MUST be minimum of 1 inch for it to be removed effectively.
7. DO NOT wax more than 2 times in a single go. If you apply wax again and again in the same area , it would loose your skin and make it look laggy. We DO NOT want to loose the firmness of your legs and arms , do we ?If you feel you have missed an area or the hair is not taken from the root , do wait for minimum of 2 weeks before doing it again.
8. If the hair is coarse and thick, make sure the wax is dense as well and not too thin. If your hair is thin and light , make sure you apply only a thin layer of wax on them.
9.Be patient and practice can only give perfection.
10. DO NOT scrub , use twizzer , bleach or apply any chemicals after waxing.
11. Applying a Aloe Vera gel numbs the pain post waxing.
12. If you experience any allergies , visit your doctor near by.
13. Make sure you apply the wax in the direction of the hair growth and pull the strips in opposite direction.
And yes I have tried them all and all the tips I gave really works 🙂 Try waxing at home as they are simple , cost effective and hygienic.
Have you tried waxing at home ? what was your experience ?? Do let me know in the comments below.
If you have any queries regarding this or any other beauty and fashion related issues , You can always mail me or contact me via one of the platforms below: