How have you all been ? So I got this generous contributory article by Manisha Gupta who is a freelance writer on a topic about hair-loss. She beautifully explains everything from the basics and it is a must read. Well the main idea is to explain the different causes of hairloss and prevention methods for it . Have a quick read :
“Prevent baldness or thinning hair by opting for safe hair fall treatments. Read on to find out more about effective hair loss remedies and overall healthcare.
Losing hair can be stressful, and the sight of thinning hair during your heydays can be a nightmare. Hair fall is a glaring problem that people face these days, and timely treatment is of utmost importance. It can occur due to various reasons, such as hectic work schedules, unhealthy lifestyle and bad food habits. It is normal to lose 50-100 strands of hair every day on an average. A person can lose 250 strands of hair after it is washed. The hair strands grow about half an inch per month. Approximately 90% of a person’s hair is in the growth phase at any given time, and another 10% will be in the dormant stage. The dormant hair falls out after 2-3 months. It can sometimes become difficult to find effective hair loss treatment and maintain a strict health regime. Hair fall prevention is the need of the hour, and it is crucial to first detect the symptoms in time.
- You see a large chunk of hair on your pillow in the morning
- You find more hair strands in the comb than usual
- Hair line receding from the forehead or crown
- The hair parting becomes wider and shows the scalp
- Sudden thinning of hair after pregnancy or prolonged medical treatment
The following are the most common causes of hair fall:
• Health problems such as anemia, autoimmune diseases and thyroid disorders
• Scalp conditions
• Skin infections like psoriasis, dermatitis
• Hairstyles, hairsprays that cause scalp irritation and traction
• Prolonged medications
Maintain optimum fitness levels
With a number of health problems that can act as triggers for hair fall, it is necessary to keep health conditions under control. Bad nutrition, vitamin deficiencies and lack of protein can lead to hair problems. Lack of exercising or crash dieting can have negative effects on the body. Ensure proper nourishment and a stress-free life. Here is how to help the growth of hair follicles and use the best hair loss remedies:
- Ensure proper nutrition by eating a wide variety of fruits and vegetables each day
- Include a lot of protein in the diet: fish, chicken, beans, nuts, cheese and low-fat dairy products
- Consume adequate calories and support the immune system
- Learn to manage stress and relax your mind for preventing hair loss
- Get prompt treatment for infections, such as tinea capitis and other fungal problems that can affect the scalp
Be gentle with your hair
Most hair problems are directly related to your lifestyle and habits. Thinning hair and bald patches can be a result of damaged, brittle hair from over-styling. It is vital to avoid the use of hot styling tools, frequent shampooing, forceful or frequent brushing, and too many hair products that can lead to breakage and thinning hair. Here are a few tips to take care of your hair:
- Avoid pulling or brushing your hair immediately after a hair wash. This is an effective hair fall prevention tip.
- Avoid combing too vigorously.
- Do not shampoo too frequently, especially when your hair is naturally dry.
- Use heated styling tools like blow dryers, curling irons, and straightening irons occasionally.
- Avoid perming, straightening and harsh chemical treatments that can cause hair fall.
- Use a thick, wide-toothed comb for detangling your hair.
- Avoid hairstyles that pull your hair and cause breakage. These include very tight ponytails and buns.
See a doctor for severe conditions
You need to speak with your doctor in case of any physical or emotional trauma. Whether it is post-pregnancy hormonal changes or medical treatments like chemotherapy, hair will not regrow on its own unless you take the required medications. If your hair seems to be thinner than usual or falling out in bunches, it is time to seek medical help.
Effective home remedies for hair loss
- Juice of neem leaves: It is one of the most sought after herb that has strong medicinal properties.
- Honey & Olive Oil: This mixture soothes the hair and can be applied every week for quick results.
- Egg White & Curd: You can also add a tablespoon of shikakai to this mixture and give protein treatment to your hair.
- Oil Massage: As cliché as this sounds, this technique promotes blood circulation and nourishes the scalp.
Whatever the causes, try to eliminate them, achieve a healthy lifestyle and then resort to these home remedies for hair fall. The above hair loss remedies will help you take proper care of your tresses and prevent hair fall problems.”
– Manisha Gupta
Thank you Manisha , that was very informative and thoughtful . I guess the home remedies are the cheapest and the easiest of all treatment , I personally follow them . The treatment with Curd makes your hair lush and fresh , so go on and try it 🙂
Don’t forget to follow me and connect to me via different platforms :