Summer has started !!! Yes , everyone loves this climate ( Personally I am more of a rain lover , Still) . I know the bright sun and really cute clothes and burst of colors do fascinate us but doesn’t the climate come out with its own skin issues ? So much of heat ,especially if the place is as humid as India , creates breakouts and pimples 🙁
*Touchwood* Never got a pimple till now <3 maybe part hereditary and part because of my skincare routine 🙂 Anyways , you remember Manisha who wrote about “Causes of Hair Loss and Prevention by Home Made Remedies” ? She was kind enough to contribute one more article for my blog 🙂 How sweet isn’t it ??
This time it is more seasonal and more detailed .She breaks down Pimples for you ( Pun Intended 😛 ) and tells you how you can identify the type of pimple so that you take care of it better . She also tells us the common myth about acnes/pimples .
Here it is in her own words :
Pimples can be very stressful and it is crucial to get an effective treatment. When it comes to acne treatment, there are several things that can help the recovery process.
Pimple is a condition that affects the oil glands of the skin. The pores are connected to oil glands under the skin. The glands in the skin produce an oily substance called sebum. There is a canal like structure near the glands, which is known as follicle. When the follicles present in the skin gland clog, it causes pimple. Pimples are usually formed on the face, neck, back, chest, and shoulders. With a proper pimple treatment, this condition can be controlled to a great extent. Currently, several over-the-counter medications and solutions for acne are available in the market for effective acne treatment.
Types of pimples
Before undergoing a pimple treatment, it is better to find out the type of pimple. The different types of pimples are discussed below:
- Whiteheads: Pimples that are formed underneath the surface of the skin.
- Blackheads: Pimples that rise to the skin’s surface and turn black.
- Papules: The small, tender pink bumps on the skin.
- Pustules: Pimples that are red at the bottom and have pus on top.
- Nodules: Large, painful, and solid pimples, which are deeply attached to the skin.
- Cysts: Deep, painful, pus-filled pimples, which cause scars.
There is nothing to panic; many effective solutions for acne are available in the market. After having a clear understanding of the type of acne, one can select the appropriate acne treatment. Always consult a dermatologist before trying out any solutions for acne.
Causes of pimple and pimple treatment
Pimples can be caused due to an increase in the hormone levels during adolescence and pregnancy. They can occur while starting or quitting the dosage of birth control pills. Heredity is a major reason for acne formation. There is a possibility that if your parents suffered from acne, then you might also face the same problem. Oily makeup and the reaction of medicines are other causes of acne. Pimple treatments help to heal pimples and control the formation of new pimples. They can prevent scarring and build up your confidence level. A dermatologist prescribes over-the-counter medications and solutions for acne. Some acne medicines are applied directly to the skin. There are also pills for acne.
How to take care of acne prone skin?
- Clean the skin gently. Wash the face with a mild cleanser twice in a day or after heavy workouts. Do not scrub the skin hardly as it will worsen the acne. There are cleansers that contain unique solutions for the Acne treatment.
- Do not touch the pimples often. Squeezing or pricking can cause scars on the skin.
- It is recommended to shave the face carefully as improper shaving methods can lead to acne. Lather the beard with soap and water before applying shaving cream. Choose a comfortable shaving razor.
- Stay away from the sun. Many acne medicines can make people sensitive to sunburn. They can also cause wrinkles on the skin and increase the chances of skin cancer.
- Choose oil- free makeup while undergoing a treatment for acne. Buy non-comedogenic makeup products, which are safe for the skin.
- Regular shampooing prevents the hair from becoming oily and reduces the chances for acne.
Factors that can worsen acne
- A sudden change in the hormone levels of teenage girls. For adult women, pimples may occur between 2 to 7 days before their menstruation.
- Pressure from bike helmets, backpacks, or tight collars can also lead to pimples.
- Pollution and high humidity can increase the chances for pimple.
- Squeezing or picking at pimples can make them worse.
- Excessive scrubbing of the skin can trigger the formation of acne.
Myths regarding acne
Many people have different opinions about acne, and there are several myths associated with it. Some people have a misconception that chocolates and high-fat foods trigger acne. But science has not found any truth in it. Chocolate and oily foods are also not the reason behind acne in most people. Dirty skin and stress do not lead to acne always. A dermatologist can easily find out the cause of someone’s acne after conducting a cross-examination.
Acne can affect the self-esteem and turn out to be a very stressful condition. If you take an acne treatment at the right time, then it can be controlled to a great extent. Following a healthy diet pattern and exercising can also help solve acne problems.
I hope it was informative , personally I would recommend face washes with natural ingredients and free from Parabens . I have reviewed Himalaya Neem Face Wash and Jovees Strawberry Face Wash just incase if you are planing to get one , you can read the reviews .
Tell me in comments below about your skincare routine and how you have fought skin problems like these . 🙂
You can always get in touch with me :