You all know how much I love makeup and specially Maybelline New York India is one of those really affordable brands that could get you pretty sleek makeup at cost that would not burn your pocket. Today I tried out Maybelline Summer Essentials Kit , and hence here we are to review it. Most of the products included in the kit are something Maybelline New York India is famous for such as the White Superfresh Compact , the really famous Baby Lips and our favorite Colossal Kajal.
I would never call them repetitive because this is one of those kits which you could gift anyone , its super basic but really useful. I have review almost all the products (maybe not the exact shade as such)
Going into on how the kit looks :
I love the packaging , the golden pouch looks so pretty and fresh . I would use it during festive times or during travelling for sure. The Maybelline Summer Essentials Kit is all about elegance and simplicity that is for sure. I fell in love with the golden pouch . This is how it looked :
And I had a bunch of sweet surprise when I opened it :
So it had three products :
- Babylips in flavour Cherry Kiss
- White Superfresh Compact in shade Shell
- Colossal Kohl (Kajal) in Black
- Baby Lips (Cherry Kiss) :
If you have been following me for sometime now , you would know that I hoard on lip-balms and I have tons of them.Its summer now and I had to have one , fortunately this came in at the right time. You would have read about Baby Lips Lychee Addict and also the Baby Lips Spice Up Range , if not then you could just click and read about them.
This shade is one of those initial ones I had used when I started using baby-lips but I had not reviewed it . The Cherry Kiss is a mild pink tint and smells more like strawberry than like cherry 😛
I have always loved their packaging , they are super comfortable and travel-friendly.
- Obviously the packaging is cute and extremely compacts
- The tint is mild and pretty
- Stays for about 3-4 hours
- Love the moisture it gives
- I love the smell too
- The quantity is good
- I really want more flavours , I have tired almost everything.
Price: INR 190/-
Rating : 4.8/5
- Colossal Kajal (Kohl) in Black:
This product was one of those initial reviews I did on my blog . You could see the review here . Anyways , this is one of those products that I keep buying because I am just very comfortable with them.
- Doesnt smudge soon
- Its available online and in stores
- The pigmentation is really good
- Affordable (though the price is more than what it was a year back)
- though they do claim 12 hours smudge proof , it doesn’t last more than 8-9 hours and it feathers away .
Price : INR 200/-
Rating : 4/5
- White Super Fresh Compact (Shell):
White Super Fresh Compact range is a very new range that has come up in the market and has taken it by storm. If you had been following this blog then you would know that I reviewed the shade CORAL sometime back and I also complained that it wasn’t exactly my shade. Hence , this time I took SHELL as my shade and tried it on , it did look far better on me than CORAL.
- Obviously , like the last time I love the smell
- The texture is not cakey
- Made for daily wear
- Easily available
- Doesn’t give good coverage
- I use it as setting powder at times
- The shade selection is low , they have only three shades as of now.
Price : INR 150/-
Rating : 4.5/5
Swatches of Maybelline Summer Essentials:
And finally we arrive at the FOTD , have to admit that I love creating looks . If you know me , I do not tie my hair ..EVER!!! but this time I have tied up a bun 🙂 here it is :
So have you girls tried this kit ? Did you like it ? Let me know in the comments below 🙂
Also if you need inspiration , you could always visit :