Hi lipstick lovers,
You remember I always tell you that I would get you alternatives for everything in any product I recommend ? Today’s Review is Colorbar’s Velvet Matte Blush (04M) Lipstick which is actually a dupe of Loreal Paris Pure Garnet (Sonam Kapoor) which I reviewed recently. This Blush Shade was given to me by my friend Pavithra of Makeupmartini.com ,she felt I do not try out any other shade than Red. What surprised me was how amazing it looked on my skin-tone .
One thing led to another and I purchased Loreal Paris Pure Garnet as well as they both look very similar except a little difference in texture.
It has a beautiful wine shade which is more towards the purple-pink family than red family. I love the shine it gives , it does not have gloss or sparkles which is a relief .
Pros and Cons Of Colorbar Blush :
- Cheaper for the quality they provide
- I love the coverage it gives , just two swipes to make it dark
- Does have a pearly finish which I love
- Would look good on olive and duskier skin-tone
- I love the smell of it
- The package is sturdy and travel friendly
- Easily available and affordable
- It last for about 6 hours even after you eat or drink anything
- Who doesn’t like Wine shades ?
- It does transfer a bit I find that annoying
- Though it is a matte it does have a shine to it , some peple maynot appreciate it
- Might look loud of fairer skin-tone
- Since it is loud , it might highlight your imperfections
Priced at INR 325/-
Will I recommend Blush ?
I would for just two reason , one because it is pretty inside the budget and second because this color is really beautiful on Indian Skin-tone . The Colorbar Velvet Matte Blush is a perfect shade if you want to go for a wedding . For me this has become a daily wear, lets just say I love how it brightens my face up. There are very few shades that are made for duskier yellow toned skin and this one wins hands-down for the quality it gives .
Comparing Velvet Matte Blush and Pure Garnet:
If you could see Pure Garnet is purely matte but Blush has a shine to it .
FOTD by creating a look:
Have you tried this shade or another shade from the Colorbar Velvet Matte Range? Let me know in the comments below 🙂
Also don’t forget to connect :