Helloooo People, I know a lot of you guys who follow me would know that I adore basics and I love clothes that do not have prints on them. But I know a lot of you shy away from basics because you feel it would make you look dull. To me, basics are the easiest and are the most versatile garments to pair up. To folks who are new to the term, below are the items that are called basics :
- Tank Top or Tops without any detailing in colors such as White, Neutrals, Blacks and Earthly Tones
- Skirts without frills and in colors that do not shout out way too much
- Dresses with straight-cut and which are plain yet well-fitted
- Basic well-fitted pieces of denim
Well, this is my interpretation of course !!
How can you pair your basic wears?
- Wear a jacket or a trench coat
- You could wear contrasting accessories
- Try wearing bright shoes or pair your shoes with your accessories
- You could wear nude pumps to keep it lowkey
- Keep experimenting with your makeup
How did I pair them?
I opted for a basic tank top in a bottle green color and I paired them with a beautiful pencil skirt. To play around a bit, I paired them with animal printed shoes and also opted for a long neckpiece with feathers on them. To go with the theme, I picked up a golden sling bag and also opted for a basic bracelet.
Where can you buy the makeup?
- Loreal True Match in Shade Golden Amber – Amazon.in
- Coloressence HD Compact Powder – Amazon.in
- Sugar Eye Told- You So Smudge Proof Liquid Liner in Black – Amazon.in
- Sugar Twist and Shout Fade Proof Kajal – Amazon.in
- L.A Pro Concealers – Amazon.in
- Maybelline New York Super Stay- Amazon.in
OOTD with my basics :
Skirt & Top : H&M India // Necklace & Bracelet: Pipa Bella //Bag: Lokhandwala Market//Shoes: Bata India
Did you guys like this look? What do basics mean for you, let me know in the comments below because I would love to try them out too!!!!
Also, while you are at it, do follow me on social media.Here are the links :